Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,094 stores in 44 states as of November 1, 2019. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Assists in conducting operational, financial, and Sarbanes-Oxley audits throughout the company. Identify control weaknesses and assist in formulating viable solutions. Requires a general knowledge of retail and good understanding of accounting controls and audit standards. Planning, research, testing, analyzing and reporting are the primary functions performed in the position. Must be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision. Communication skill and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances are essential to the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Knowledge of retail operations
· Ability to recognize control weaknesses
· Analytical and problem solving abilities to be used in suggesting areas for possible improvement
· Good organization and communication skill, both written and oral
· Ability to complete assigned work within budgeted amount of time
· Experience with MS Office applications and other data analysis tools
· Be a team player
· Be customer service driven
· Confidentiality is a must
Work Experience and/or Education:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business management required. Minimum of one year of relevant work experience required, up to three years preferred. Advanced degree and CIA and/or CPA certifications preferred, but not required.