Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Job Title: Merchandise Assistant
Department: Merchandising - Food
Report To: Sr. Buyer
Contributes to the growth and profitability of the company by giving support to distribution centers, field and merchandising team. Much time and effort is given to the flow of merchandise from vendors through the distribution process to store level to achieve customer satisfaction. Supports by providing spreadsheets and line review preparation. Interacts directly with vendors and field with communication and problem solving.
Follow up on non-core merchandise. This consists of tracking merchandise from vendor to D.C. to store. Attend to all facets of flow of product in a manually intensive system.
Maintain all department reports, spreadsheets, and analysis.
Problem resolution contact for distribution centers and stores.
Communication with vendors regarding production information.
Maintain and organize product samples received for customer representative to review.
Set product for department plan-o-gram and edit the labels sent to the stores for ordering process. Submit samples for photography used in flyers. Set additional product for suggested displays used in planners that are sent to the stores.
Review samples for artwork approval, packaging, and product specification. Process final sample approval procedure specific to each department.
Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of SKU, UPC, and vendor information.
1) Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing inside the company and externally.
2) Ability to create reports and spreadsheets manually and on the computer (Excel and Microsoft Office)
3) Good organizational and analytical skills.
4) Ability to work at a rapid pace with accuracy in a fast paced environment.
5) Efficient use of time to prioritize and meet deadlines.
6) Self starting individual who works with minimal supervision and is highly motivated.
7) Can be trusted to handle confidential information.
8) Ability to participate in a team environment and is customer service driven.
9) Physical requirements: Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma required, college degree desirable. Retail experience preferable.