Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Principal analyst for all financial and project analytics related to the support of logistics merchandise flow. Analytics will include end-to-end costing alternatives of the supply chain, in-transit accounting variances, and financial and service trending analytics. Analyst will also serve as the principal architect of all reporting and the liaison to I.T. in development of systems.
· Ability to handle & prioritize multiple tasks, and responsibly ensure proper completion of tasks
· Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners
· Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Access databases including ability to design templates, queries, tables, forms, and reports
· Strong ability to analyze and decipher significant amounts of data to develop insights and conclusions for the business
· Basic knowledge of general financial, and accounting principles
· Basic knowledge of merchandising, distribution, domestic transportation, and supply chain concepts
· Strong business acumen around the cost components of international flow of merchandise including cargo consolidation/deconsolidation operations
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics preferred with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.