This position has lead role on project assignments with emphasis on project planning, management, documentation and testing, and implementation. Back-up to System Administrator for set-up and administration of Lawson HR applications, including data item attributes, history logs, required items, and security approvals & audits. Provides technical expertise for research, implementation and/or utilization of additional plug-in products to improve workflow between HR and PR departments. Provides technical application support and troubleshooting to all Lawson HR end users in the Corporate office and remote sites such Distribution Centers, which includes liaison activities with the Lawson Global Support center. May require after hours support. Systems support will require detailed knowledge of multiple systems applications utilized by varying HR/PR departments, as well as knowledge of multiple processes. Provides technical application support and system administration on Kronos WFC to Distribution Centers (and possible Market Stores & Corporate office). Assists and/or conducts basic, intermediate, and advanced Lawson and Kronos WFC training and on-going maintenance to the training manuals. Prepares statistical summaries and special reports from HRIS, and other report writing software’s, involving employee HR and payroll records. Position has a high level of impact on and accountability to other departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project leader for implementation and/or upgrade of various Lawson applications, as assigned.
- Development and maintenance of project implementation plan, including communication and partnership on success or changes to project timeline.
- Attends meetings as a system expert on HR system implementations, upgrades. Provides HR system expertise to support multiple departments, such as Payroll, Recruiting, and Training, etc. Develops tests scripts, parallel testing guidelines, and assists with testing. Develops and disseminates project progress reports.
- Assists with development and revisions to end user training manual, system administration manual, and custom program manual.
- Assists with system upgrades and modifications, which includes testing, documentation, and communication.
- Maintains system set-up in the Test environment.
- Application consultant and expert on system functionality. Serves in an Advisory role to multiple departments on new program implementations/changes to ensure processes support data collection and retrieval activities for metric comparisons.
- First line technical application support for end users of the Lawson Human Resources and Payroll applications, as well as Kronos WFC. Requires extensive problem research, testing, scripting, and resolution. Must be able to recreate & articulate system problems when partnering with the Lawson Global Support Center.
- Maintains awareness of Lawson and Kronos WFC software updates and MSP’s. Researches and recommends changes when practical or necessary, requiring partnership with Lawson Global Support Center, Kronos 3rd party Vendor, IT, end users, and other HR departments on installations. Conducts and coordinates pre- and post-implementation testing in both the Test and Prod environments.
- Performs data uploads and complicated extractions. Conducts complicated data manipulations and file merges with large volumes of data.
- Investigates system usage and capability. Recommends improvements to maximize system performance. Manages approved implementations of recommendations.
- Back-up to Systems Administrator for HR/PR security administration, approvals and auditing.
- Exercises judgment in confidential data extraction when requested. Requires frequent interaction with the Legal, Human Resources, Risk Management, and Payroll Departments as well as Senior Management.
- Exercises judgment in setting priorities while managing multiple projects with tight deadline and time constraints.
- Detailed knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll system utilization and processes required. Some examples include knowledge of: new hire process, payroll tax withholdings, personnel actions, mass actions, payroll logsheet process, benefits set-up/interface with HRIS processes, distribution center processes and time clocks, and store payroll processes.
- Supports HR departments through utilization of special software to mass populate employee data into Lawson. May also perform mass employee data changes utilizing Lawson tools. Requires detailed testing and script development before affecting employee master file data.
- Maintains a customer driven environment.