Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 14,500 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
General Summary:Senior analyst and engineering technical expert for analysis related to the design of the DC network and efforts to optimize the Company’s transportation programs. Manage the design/development, maintenance, and implementation of transportation systems and related processes associated with both the domestic and international supply chain. Analyst will be working with Supply Chain (Transportation, Distribution & Replenishment) and Merchandising to determine and improve the shelf landed margin of core and non-core SKU’s.
Transportation Systems Management
Shelf Landed Margin Analytics and Process Improvement
· Extensive knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (how the algorithms work and deep understanding as to how the parameters influence the system to optimize and execute)
· Ability to perform as both leader and supporter on project teams, being a team player and customer service drive
· Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners including international partners
· Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Access databases including ability to design templates, queries, tables, forms, and reports as well as industry standard mapping software
· Strong ability to analyze and decipher significant amounts of data to develop insights and conclusions for the business
· Basic knowledge of general financial and accounting principles
· Strong knowledge of merchandising, distribution, domestic transportation, and supply chain concepts
· Strong business acumen around the cost components of international flow of merchandise including cargo consolidation/deconsolidation operations
· Apply project management methodology: problem identification, scope definition, action plan and analysis.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics preferred with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.