Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 14,500 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
The Inventory Support Team Leader will be primarily responsible for drop ship activity in the department. This includes monitoring productivity, employee performance & attendance and acting as back-up in the absence of the department supervisor. The position will work with internal customers and external vendors to insure that invoices are processed in a timely manner to ensure proper inventory at store level.
1. Monitor workload and processing of invoices to ensure inventory level accuracy.
2. Coordinate between internal and external departments to get necessary information in systems and ensure that vendors are set up for EDI prior to delivery.
3. Responsible for testing of system changes/enhancements critical to drop ship invoicing.
4. Balance clearing accounts on monthly basis.
5. Responsible for supervising the department in the absence of supervisor.
6. Audit statements for DSD (direct store delivery) vendors for invoices/credits that have not processed.
7. Produce departmental statistics and assist with special projects.
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills
2. Ability to understand and contribute to system design to insure maximum efficiency & controls
3. Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
4. Strong team player
5. Considerable knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications
Minimum of Associate’s degree in a related field required. Some supervisory experience preferred, with 3 years of accounts payable or retail experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.