This field-based role is responsible for facility maintenance leadership in support of one (1) of Dollar General’s ten (10) operating divisions. The responsibilities include operational execution of capital programs, scheduled maintenance services, disaster recovery, vendor management, budget management, quality control, and relationship building with operation partners. Expectation is daily interaction with all levels of operational leadership (DM’s, RDs, DVPs,) and occasional interaction with the most senior levels of leadership (SVPs and EVPs) as well as consistent impact across the organization advancing the mission of customer service and brand growth through the execution of Dollar General’s facility care standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic thought leadership and tactical execution for capital projects within assigned operating division
- Prioritize divisional operating needs to develop multi-year capital strategy with a focus on driving sales, reducing expense, and addressing core maintenance needs
- Identify, plan, and execute 100 – 125 capital projects annually including HVAC replacements, parking lot replacements, exterior LED retrofits, scissor/roll down gates, dumpster enclosures, etc…
- Drive spend efficiency through leveraging technical expertise in the development of processes for bid review, standardized SOWs, change order management, and real-time reporting.
- Participate in the development of zero based capital budgets annually and re-forecast periodically
- Responsible for executing appropriate spend practices and adhering to financial obligations in the management of $1.5M - $2M annually in capital.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and tactical execution of the facility care standards for scheduled services within assigned operating division
- In partnership with facility maintenance and operational leadership, develop processes to execute scheduled maintenance services per Dollar General’s facility care standards (22,000 – 25,000 lawn care service annually, 1,200 – 1,300 fire extinguisher inspections annually, 9,000 – 11,000 HVAC/R preventative maintenance services annually, etc…)
- Serve as thought leader to contribute, plan, and execute innovative strategies and tactics to improve service delivery and reduce overall expense associated with scheduled services.
- Oversee vendor management including sourcing, KPI performance, quality control, administrative compliance, and issue escalation/resolution
- Participate in the development of zero based expense budgets annually and re-forecast periodically
- Responsible for executing appropriate spend practices and adhering to financial obligations in the management of $2M - $3M annually in expense costs.
- Ensure vendors adhere to all Dollar General internal requirements in addition to local/state/federal law
- Drive vendor sourcing decisions and manage on-going vendor performance within assigned operating division (for assigned trades)
- Implement practices to source and on-board vendor partners under the most cost effective model possible while constantly focusing on service delivery standards
- Develop practices to measure vendor performance and drive accountability including KPI metrics / reporting, periodic quality control follow ups, and issue escalation/resolution
- Develop administrative processes to ensure appropriate cost control / billing practices and insurance requirements are satisfied.
- Build productive and collaborative relationships with regional operation leadership in order to supplement the SSC’s reactive repair call center (as needed) in response to day-to-day execution of the Dollar General facility care standard. 24/7 availability may be required.
- Provide strategic leadership and tactical support in the event of a major disaster event or emergency situation in assigned operating division
- Partner with broader store facilities maintenance team to formulate and execute disaster recovery plan including pre-event planning (if possible), post-event vendor response, restoration scope of work(s), on-site project management, and financial oversight
- Must be available for emergency response upon little to no prior warning which may include last minute travel