Conducts day-to-day tasks for new, relocating, closing, and existing stores as well as more complex long term project management related to utilities (electric, gas, water, sewer, propane, etc.), low voltage wiring, and energy efficiency. Utilizing research and analysis, this position partners with utility companies, service partners, internal departments, field management, and stores to identify potential inefficiencies and develop methods and processes for improvements that can be made to lower the cost of energy required to operate Dollar General Facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops process, analyzes and responds to exception utility consumption. Researches exceptions, takes steps to lower ongoing costs through partnering with the utility company, facilities service providers, store associates, field management teams and others.
- Coordinates day to day communication between various internal departments and external vendors in relation to low voltage program, including install timing, warranty claim resolution and cost decisions.
- Develops and recommends to Sr. Director and Sr. Manager various process improvement steps to increase efficiencies. Analyzes data, identifies trends, and develops methods to lower the cost of utilities needed to operate stores.
- Manages rebate processes associated with various projects that impact utilities. This includes working with various SSC departments, utility companies, and various third party companies to determine needed information and requirements to ensure Dollar General maximizes rebate capture.
- Coordinates day-to-day tasks involved with assigned trades in utilities for traditional and market store locations (hybrid grocery).
- Ensures that all polices, defined workflows and processes relative to lease compliance or landlord issues, and budgets are followed with the ultimate goal of controlling utilities’ costs, minimizing DG liability and the amount of impact time associated with utility issues