Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Department: Information Services
Reports to: IT Project Manager
Dollar General is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer - PL/SQL application developer –. The Sr. Software Engineer, while reporting to the IT Project Manager, will function as a senior technical resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for application development and design heavily focused on Oracle platforms. The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, maintenance and support of software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong experience with PL/SQL and SQL is required in PL\SQL programming is required; - procedures, packages, triggers, functions.
- Performance tuning of PL/SQL statements.
- Excellent skills in writing, maintaining, testing and debugging code in applicable programming languages.
- Unix scripts management.
- Experience with report, like Oracle Reports or UML a plus.
- E/R modeling.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of PL/SQL programming language and database.
- Experience with Oracle 12g environment preferred.
- Understands the Agile process as it relates to SCRUM.
- Proactive identification and communication of programming and/or design issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines while resolving minor project problems.
- Experience using JAVA a big plus, but not required.
- Team player and passion for learning new technologies and mentoring others
- Customer service driven