The intern will partner with Management to work on special projects. During this time the intern will help manage and streamline day to day operations timely receipt, stocking, order filling, and shipment of merchandise. Duties can also include supervising employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct start-up meetings to communicate daily volume and safety topic of the week.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to members of management for the assigned department.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to a member of management for the assigned department.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to reporting member of management for the assigned department.
- Maintains positive employee relations and maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries
- Will report weekly to members of Management on current status of project and overall performance.