Key management position requiring strong leadership skills to partner in overseeing real estate strategy, execution, and pipeline management for Dollar General’s extensive store growth program. Responsibilities include overseeing real estate development activities for half the US including over 500 new and relocation stores approvals and 500 new and relocation openings annually for assigned territory, as well as support for other development initiatives.
Duties & Responibilities:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to assigned regional real estate team for Dollar General’s Build-to-Suit, Fee, and Conventional shopping center development program to include annual by State planning, site selection strategies, Real Estate Committee preparation, due diligence stewardship, pipeline management, and Developer partnership and management required to build following year pipeline and deliver current year opening, sales, and sales-weeks plans on time and on budget for ~ 1,000 projects annually in geographic territory.
- Review and execute purchase contracts, leases, and/or exhibits to include approval of appropriate lease structures, business terms, rents, and resolution of Real Estate Committee approval conditions to ensure compliance with legal and company standards relative to lease documentation, restrictions, and audit/SOX controls.
- Partner with Market Planning to support strategic plan implementation, strategic trade area optimization, site analysis, market research, sales forecasting accuracy, cannibalization modeling, performance post-auditing, and KPI reporting.
- Provide real time, proactive management of real estate deal approvals to ensure proper quantity, quality, velocity, and timing to achieve a balanced and sustainable development pipeline.
- Lead, manage, and enhance the real estate work flow processes through Manage Path project management software technology tools.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners from Market Planning, Design, Construction, Operations, Real Estate Legal, Lease Administration, Finance, and other Company disciplines to ensure strategic and execution alignment on Development program and initiatives.
- Support potential merger and acquisition, sublease and assignment, and excess property opportunity vetting through analysis, negotiation, approval, and process/execution management.
- Manage a real estate and development regional team of approximately 15-20 professionals including goal setting, coaching, training, performance management, and personal development.