This role is the process owner for financial / volumetric reporting and analytics supporting the flow of internationally sourced merchandise. Primary responsibilities include production and publication of periodic consolidated activity and financial performance reporting, the preparation of DG “self-invoices,” processing of provider invoices, financial accruals, variance analysis, and pre/post audit activities. Additional responsibilities include claims resolution, vendor chargebacks, and supporting the budgeting/forecasting processes.
- Analyze and report all key international transportation financial and volumetric indicators and trends based on directed formatting and process procedures to aid in making informed decisions by management.
- Determine, analyze, and submit all international transportation financial accruals ensuring accuracy and accounting compliance in reporting representative statements to all concerned departments.
- Support the budgeting and forecast process through financial and volumetric analysis.
- Perform all necessary financial and volumetric audits weekly/monthly as required by current control standards.
- Monitor and audit all international transportation financial accuracy measures including accrual variances as a means to initiate trend and variance reporting.
- Investigate and implement process improvement opportunities for all financial processes to provide measurable and incremental upgrades to the standard.
- Ensure timely and accurate chargebacks are completed where appropriate
- Audit, calculate and change freight rates on POs as circumstances require
- Receive, audit, and process all international transportation invoices ensuring compliance with existing control standards.
- Create, update, and distribute all transportation financial process documentation to maintain established accuracy and quality standards.
- Work with Accounts Payable and service providers to ensure efficient process flow, issue resolution and improve the current process as well as continually enhance future processes to ensure refinement.
- Identify and process all claims and chargebacks associated with international product flow.
- Administer the DC / IC Inventory discrepancy (OS&D) database; provide resolution to in-transit and receipt quantity discrepancies and visibility to internal customers via scheduled reporting.
- Ensure all SOX documentation is maintained and business process are in compliance with company standards.