Job Title: Buyer
Department: Merchandising, Consumables
Reports to: Sr. Buyer
Serve the customer in all aspects of merchandise selection; analyze and maintain the value of all items sold in our stores. Assist in the flow process and presentation of merchandise to our customers. Facilitate the internal and external partnerships that allow Dollar General to serve others by being a customer driven distributor of consumable and non-consumable basics. More limited SKU, vendor, and supply chain breadth than Senior Buyer position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Analyze and re-forecast departmental budget to ensure financial reward for our shareholders, i.e. sales, mark-up, inventory, turn.
2) Plan, evaluate and provide monthly projections for core items to maintain our 95% in-stock goal.
3) Assist all teamshare partners in matters that are directly or indirectly involved with merchandising, i.e. accounting, reorder, retail, distribution, import, logistics and vendors.
4) Maintain accurate vendor and item information to best control procurement and logistical flow of merchandise until it reaches our customer. Research and negotiate vendor base to identify the best value for our customer. Penetrate new market share while maximizing shareholders reward. Evaluate, select, design, and develop merchandise for both core and non-core distribution and presentation in store.
5) Supervising, training and developing our team partners to support total development.
6) Develop line review and generate plan-o-grams for department and communicate these for proper presentation to our customer.
7) Make necessary vendor, market, and store visits.
Knowledge and Skills:
Work Experience and/or Education:
3 to 5 years of merchandising experience required, preferably as a Replenishment Buyer, Assistant Buyer, or Planning Manager. College degree strongly preferred.