The Store Operations Sr. Manager provides insight, guidance and reporting regarding shrink and damages trends and root causes to various teams throughout the organization. Collaborates with other teams and vendors on initiatives to reduce shrink and damages in order to maximize SKU and category profitability, create efficiency at store level by assisting in well-planned merchandising programs and enforcing company-supported shrink and damages reduction projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management (20%)
- Development of opportunities: Identifies sources of opportunity, develops solutions, and determines the size of each solution.
- Data measurement: Analyzes and gathers data to evaluate and diagnose issues, develops metrics to measure impact of projects.
- Implementation: Develops tests/pilots to prove or disprove hypotheses, determines financial impact, creates final implementation plan, presents final rollout plan to leadership.
Reporting Management (15%)
- Creation of reporting: Development and creation of reporting upon request by store operations and other groups to keep management informed of current trends and potential risks arising from internal and external forces.
- Upgrading reporting: Continuous re-evaluation and enhancements to current reporting to leverage latest system upgrades and technology advancements.
- Distribution of scheduled reporting to user groups and responding to questions and comments.
Maximization of bottom-line profitability (40%)
- Identify and communicate trends and root causes impacting bottom-line SKU and category profitability to various teams throughout the organization.
- Attend merchandising and vendor category reviews to present current status of shrink and damages and the impact these data points are having on bottom-line profitability.
- Provide additional support and insight to merchandising team and vendors on current trends and potential impacts of merchandising programs.
- Identifying potential areas of opportunity to realize incremental profitability by implementing defensive merchandising strategies or alternative POG ideas.
Vendor Management (10%)
- Develop and build upon vendor relationships: Routine exposure to vendors to illustrate and communicate Dollar General expectations with regards to participating in innovative ideas to reduce shrink and damages.
- Negotiate vendor damage and shrink rebates and ensure accurate invoicing processes are in place.
- Collaborate cross functionally with the merchandising team to optimize trade funds dedicated to shrink and damages.
Team Development (15%)
- Provide guidance for annual goals to support team objectives and provide ongoing feedback and measurement to stated goals; develop internal growth plans.
- Establish guidelines and provide supervision and leadership for on-site vendor liaisons.