This position is responsible for developing marketing, private brand and advertising policies, programs and strategies to align business plans with organizational objectives. Partners with management team to ensure the best possible service and effective communications to customers. Collaborates with multiple internal and external constituents to deliver impactful branding across multiple mediums.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop traditional marketing plan and budget in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Direct implementation and execution of marketing, advertising and promotional initiatives.
- Accountable for the overall strategy, process, and execution of the private brand banner, brands and product portfolio.
- Lead growth of private brands through the development of merchandising strategies, marketing programs, promotions and new products.
- Ensure marketing and branding communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
- Partner with merchants to ensure alignment with all vendor rebates/funding.
- Responsible for the selection, development, quality and growth of all private label products.
- Provide comprehensive thought leadership on emerging marketing trends.
- Oversee and direct market research and competitive analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop/lead the Company to a more competitive position.
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership focused on remaining relevant in an ever-changing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, understand and help problem-solve complex issues faced by high-growth retailers.
- Possess a thorough understanding of retail variables such as: price, promotion, merchandising, QA, sourcing, packaging, supplier management, analytics, and supply chain.
- The ability to manage in a high-growth, rapidly changing corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense management, and managing key initiatives effectively.
- Ability to effectively recruit, assess, performance manage and develop strong team members.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.