Principal Manager for the procurement and management of Dollar General’s inbound carrier base representing $200M spend and over 40 carriers in a complex, multi-modal network. Responsible for network strategies, design and all execution-related process, including timely merchandise flow for all domestically sourced products to the company’s 12 distribution centers (DCs). Collaborate with other departments and providers to ensure optimal order and flow of goods along with appropriate industry insight and order visibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs all aspects of the company’s domestic inbound transportation program. Major responsibilities include
- Manages key relationships necessary to execute DG’s inbound programs. These include working with Demand Chain to setup optimal sourcing, ordering, and transit requirements, coordinating special project or seasonal flows with Merchandising and Distribution, and ensuring adequate visibility and reporting to appropriate organizations
- Leads the design and implementation of network strategies for domestically sourced merchandise to ensure optimal cost/service. This includes flow analysis to determine optimal mode selection and ensuring supply chain systems are setup to support. Also determines the proper use of consolidation and rail capabilities to optimize network flow
- Works with IT and third party software providers (JDA, OneNetwork) to maintain and develop enhancements to support inbound programs. Evaluate additional off-the-shelf applications for feasibility
- Team development and performance management:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Work Experience &/or Education
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or related field required. Requires a minimum of 4-6 years relevant work experience with at least 3 years operating in a large-scale operations environment and/or management role. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.