The Field Trainer will be responsible to support, plan, implement, and deliver training initiatives for all Store Managers within the assigned geographic area of operation, including leadership training, store operations and execution. They will provide training to multiple learners with full responsibility to monitor, assess, and report on trainee progress. They are also cross- trained in different areas of Human Resources such as recruiting and employee relations. The Trainer must have the leadership skills and abilities to develop themselves as well as others.
- Travel up to 75% of the time.
- Encourage a culture that fosters Dollar General's Mission & Values, as well as following company policy & procedure.
- Responsible for exhibiting key competencies of classroom facilitation.
- Conduct new Store Manager training.
- Facilitate Workforce Management Immersion training session with District Managers.
- Conduct training and development sessions with District and Store Managers.
- Support Store Training Managers and Training Center Store operations, as needed.
- Facilitate training and monitor learning for multiple Store Manager Trainees.
- Operate within multiple training environments (Delivery, written, video, CBT/WBT, OTJ, etc.)
- Assess trainee skills, strengths, gaps and opportunities. Provide Trainee and Supervisors with accurate performance feedback.
- Schedule and maintain structured follow-up with Trainee and Supervisors.
- Proactively identify, plan and facilitate additional training and development opportunities.
- Actively participate in projects and other assignments as identified by HR leadership that result in timely, accurate data gathering/reporting.
- Assist with District Manager Assimilations with Regional HR Manager.
- Assist with Hiring Events and Job fairs with Regional HR Manager.
- Assist with Employee Relations investigations as needed and assigned by the Regional HR Manager.