Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Department: Technical Services (Network Services)
Reports To: Sr. Network Manager (Supervisor)
Serves as the departmental top-level technical escalation point for all network related issues. Supports Information Services department strategies through development of technological solutions. Provide systems expertise and technical support requiring in-depth understanding in one or more specialized disciplines or platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Based on broad objectives from Management, technical staff and end users, facilitate the design of solutions to complex technical problems. Identify, define and analyze complex problems and provide solutions which require a high level of ingenuity and innovativeness.
- Recommend strategies for the continued improvements in the reliability, scalability and maintainability of assigned network application/system/platform. Responsible for effective monitoring as well as keeping assigned network application/system/platform on line and functioning (includes trouble ticket resolution and network service availability)
- Review, recommend, coordinate and implement designs and analyses related to specific area of responsibility. Prepare plans for installation or migration of new systems. (includes network analysis, design, and build phases).
- Ensure that departmental standards are documented, designed, distributed and updated on a regular basis for assigned applications/systems/platforms.
- Ensure assigned applications/systems/platforms are recoverable in the event of a disaster, emergency or testing sequence. Maintain DR consistency within IT and ensure adherence to corporate DR plans.
- Manage in-scope networks and systems in accordance with the formal change management procedures and processes.
- Provide timely status reports regarding projects and activities