- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability to model total development and serve as a steward of Dollar General’s mission & values.
- Strong analysis skills sufficient to interpret trends and other merchandise reporting data and provide feedback to management in the area of merchandise planning.
- Ability to maintain appropriate compliance and controls; a strong knowledge of merchandising.
- Strong problem solving skills, utilizing technical expertise and good business judgment in support of operational and strategic objectives.
- A mature sense of self and the ability to manage in a high-growth, rapidly changing corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense control, and managing key initiatives effectively.
- Ability to effectively recruit, assess and develop personnel. Strong “hands-on” performance management abilities.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the us of Microsoft spreadsheet and word processing applications
Work Experience and/or Education
Bachelor degree (preferably in Retail or Business) and 2-4 years work experience in Retail Planning/Allocation or Supply Chain, or 4-6 years Previous Retail experience in Planning, Allocation, Replenishment, or Supply Chain. Prior Merchandise Planning Systems required, JDA Arthur preferred.